Search This Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 1, and Desperate

There is a lot to be gleaned from a title. A title contains so many hints as to what the following information may pertain to. I suppose that from the title you see above, that you would be able to infer that this is my first day ever engaging in the activity known as "blogging." Then the second part is that I am desperate about something. So, as it is my first day in the trials of this endeavor I obviously should clear up a few things. I am F. G. King, a prospective author (that's the more interesting bit, but I'll get back to that later). I'm still in high school at the time of this post, though it is my last year of the dreaded, hormone-laden halls of the secondary stage of the public school system. Soon enough, I'll be free. Yes, the freedom of completing the most basic level of education, displayed by the ever so coveted High School Diploma. Almost done, and that is where my desperation enters the field. As pointed out above, I hope to be a professional author, but I had intended on having my first book in print before the completion of my senior year. After six long years of writing (Yes six, I started going insane when I was 12 and have been mad ever since) I have learned and matured and learned some more. I now know that the possibilities of me being published are fairly slim, as it takes resources that I have yet to acquire, as well as time that I don't have to spare. The odds are not in my favor, but if life were easy it wouldn't be any fun. Publishing before high school is over is now no longer part of my intentions. This blog is instead going to be my public forum for my continued quest to publish my manuscript. For those of you enterprising in the same venture you can use this place to follow my footsteps, or learn from my mistakes. Of course, this blog isn't going to be dedicated solely to that purpose. For the rest of you reading this who aren't interested in me babbling on about how many publishing houses have rejected me, I will be posting small snippets of back-story, unrelated short stories, and maybe even portions of my manuscript itself. Welcome to day one, and our journey begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment