Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fire Gate rewrite nearing editing stages

I've put Fire Gate through a major overhaul, as in I've completely re-written it. After getting some feed back from a few different individuals I decided that certain aspects of the first write up needed to be changed. I've altered the way in which Celestial wizards use magic, making them more reliant on prepared enchantments so that they are significantly less powerful, making the Ardytes more of a threat. I also changed the main character himself, since  he was more or less a tool I used to drive the plot on the first write up.  The original main character felt quite flat to me by the end of the story. So I gave  Gaelen, the new protagonist, all of the character traits that he would need in order to fulfill what I needed him to. The plot follows the same basic  course  as the first write up, but I'm ending the story  about half way through the first write up. I think I may change the title to something else since the Fire Gate does not yet play much of a role in the story. Perhaps, "The Elorean" or something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment