Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The work continues

I've finished re-reading my own book so I am prepared to push onward in my editing. I fixed a few of the minor problems that I had along the way, and I found a good place to include the Oath of Elorea. Instead of having it on a placard I have a character recite it, and I think that it turned out quite well. I still need to change up the ending, and that will be a large chunk of work. I'm trying to get back into writing consistently. I've worked on a few short stories and I've written up a few rants to try and get the weave flowing. It hasn't really worked to well, but I'm making progress anyway. Slowly, and without much inspiration. I should stop worrying about doing poorly while I'm editing. I know this probably isn't the last time that I am going to be editing this page anyway. As is I need to somehow gracefully transition to a period of training, introduce a few characters, and then get back into the action. I don't think I can realistically skip a training period, not without a sudden and unexpected threat...Well that's an idea that I haven't considered before. Perhaps I shall have ***** enter earlier that I anticipated, and he could be followed, jump starting *******'s plans....
That actually might work. I could have a good excuse for bypassing a lull in the tempo of the narrative. Pressure should be building now, not waning. That might be just the trick. I'll have to mull it over and see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment